Welcome to Practically Tactical brought to you by the Firearms Radio Network! Practically Tactical is the show were critical thinking meets every day carry. This show features a round table discussion on mindset, concealed carry, training and more with some of the best firearms instructors, shooters and figures in the firearms industry.
While you are checking out the show notes, please be sure to do all your Amazon shopping with our Amazon affiliate link. A small portion of your sale goes to supporting all the great shows here on the Firearms Radio Network. You can do that by clicking on the Amazon banner on the website or by visiting PracticallyTactical.Com/Amazon
On this episode we special guest Craig Douglas of Shivworks.
PracTac will get you 15% off select products over at BigTexOutdoors.Com
Use Code “practac10″ – 10% off your orders at greatlakesammo.com
- Craig’s Background
- Shivworks name and emblem. What does it mean?
- Where the current curriculum for ECQC came from
- ECQC, is it that hard a class? Lots of injuries? Do people die?
- Actually having to touch people.
- What does Craig carry?
- What are your recommendations for someone starting out in the combatives/unarmed side of things?
- How important is the role of a ground game when you look at self defense?
- is there such a thing as an unarmed person?
- Strength training- you recently got heavily involved in this. Good, bad, should everyone?
- What medical kit should someone carry with them?
Question From Patreon:
Chris Hand –
Many of us are creeping into our 40’s and 50’s possibly even 60’s. Considering age and various infirmities, what would be the benefits and drawbacks of a course like ECQC or other combatives class?
Scott Jedi –
What strengths do you find BJJ/Grapplers have during ECQC?
What weaknesses/pitfalls do you find BJJ/Grapplers have during ECQC?
What do you find to be the best “finishing” techniques (other than shooting or stabbing) strikes, joint locks, or chokes?
What role do takedowns play in ECQC from a defensive standpoint?
Please list the martial arts in rank of effectiveness for ECQC in your opinion.
Be sure to check out all the shows on the firearms radio network by visiting firearmsradio.tv/itunes.
We really want your feedback here at Practically Tactical, please send any compliments, feedback, guest suggestions to email@example.com. Please give us a review on iTunes as
Also, Find us on facebook by searching Practically Tactical or visit facebook.com/practicallytactical.
Well as always guys and gals, thank you for tuning in and listening to us, as we greatly appreciate you guys and we’ll see you next week for another episode of Practically Tactical!